To whom I may concern;
Below is my detail;
Name; silvia kosasih
Venue; penang international airport (international immigration custom)
Date; 1 july 2015
Time happening; 15.10-17.00pm
Purpose of entry; travel and gather with ex-classmate and sister (who is now preparing her wedding ceremony at penang)
Flight detail; AK752 (singapore-penang)
Reason being rejected by immigration officer to entry malaysia; no return ticket, bring not enough cash.
Officers who I want to complain; JAYANTHI (indian) (ic no start with 89-)
Another Officer incharge; INA (Malay, who is the leader)
1. When I want to inform my friend who comes together with me from singapore, Jayanthi officer told me fiercely; " napa berdiri sana, kan I suruh you duduk sahaja?"
2. When I ask her what is my fault, why cant enter malaysia, since I am weird because I din't do any against law, and this is not my first time enter malaysia. I used to study in malaysia from 1997-2013, beside my dad had own property in penang.
I am not happy with her attitude for not explain to me and ask me "duduk sana sahaja"
3. Jayanthi ask a guy from airasia to bring me to buy ticket...the question that come in my mind...is what ticket? Am i being blacklisted?
4. When I told her that I don't enough cash to buy ticket and want to seek for sister help (who is waiting me at arrival hall)..jayanthi officer increase her volume and told me; " immigration office phone is not for your call"
5. Worried...worried...sarrow...my eye tears drop..
Got 1 malay officer come to talk to me nicely (i duno what is her name)..but she is so warmth and talk nicely; " don't worry, you just need to buy a fix return ticket within a month to out from malaysia". When i just feel warmth and want to calm down.. Jayanthi officer increase her tone and scold me; " you cry apa cry? I suruh you beli tiket you tak ada understand? Kalau you continue cry, I hantar you balik..."
When my sister and my uncle (who is malaysian) understand the whole situation (by calling to immigration, number was given by front counter outside arrival hall). They bought me a ticket back to medan kualanamu on 3rd july 2015. Then immigration officer let me pass through the gate.
The time my sister saw me and knew the whole condition. My sister & her future husband went to immigration office inside penang airport, and make a complain. One guy officer called to inform INA(officer incharge).
INA and Jayanthi came to meet us. My sister ask why IMMIGRATION officer can do such "not polite way" to tourist. They declined of thier action but they refused to open CCTV when my sister asked them.
Feedback from INA officer; JAYANTHI increase her volume because my sister start to increase volume first,reason because Everyone also have temper. Beside she said my sister cried like this, others will think officer were bullying her, so they just want to ask me stop crying.
Feedback from JAYANTHI officer; "My voice memang macam ini, you all can ask everybody who know me. Kalau saya marah, saya sudah cakap bahasa kasar."
From this letter, I know that officer just want to do thier job scope. However what I want to claim is where is the "polite and human right". Thier words and attitude is worst than "beat" me. Malaysia stresses on "cuti-cuti malaysia", but where is "the smile & polite way towards customer"
What will others tourist "think" when they passing by and saw the whole process.
You can choose not to believe my word, but you can also try to investigate by refer to the CCTV and understand the whole picture.